Grants of between £200 to £5,000 are available for projects that conserve, enhance, celebrate or increase understanding of the historical and natural landscape of the Stories in Stone area.
What types of projects are considered?
- Protection, restoration and enhancement of historical built features and archaeological remains
- Habitat restoration and creation
- Educational activities and materials on historical or ecological themes
- Enhanced public access to built and natural heritage
- Interpretation of landscape features, geology, built and cultural heritage, and flora and fauna and their habitats
- Surveying, recording and monitoring of built and natural heritage
- Investigating and recording the human history of the area, including oral histories
- Initiatives to train and develop people’s heritage skills.
So far, 32 projects have had funding approved. Visit the Heritage Grant project pages to read more:
Current approved projects
Who can apply?
We welcome applications from voluntary and community groups, landowners, farmers and parish and town councils.
You can view our applications guidance and download the applicaytion guidance here:
Heritage grant guidance
Heritage grant application form
Get in touch
If you have a project idea that you'd like to have an informal chat about then please contact Chris Lodge, Stories in Stone Project Officer, 015242 51002.