Grants of between £200 to £5,000 have been available for projects that conserve, enhance, celebrate or increase understanding of the historical and natural landscape of the Stories in Stone area.
What types of projects were considered?
- Protection, restoration and enhancement of historical built features and archaeological remains
- Habitat restoration and creation
- Educational activities and materials on historical or ecological themes
- Enhanced public access to built and natural heritage
- Interpretation of landscape features, geology, built and cultural heritage, and flora and fauna and their habitats
- Surveying, recording and monitoring of built and natural heritage
- Investigating and recording the human history of the area, including oral histories
- Initiatives to train and develop people’s heritage skills.
View our heritage grant funded projects:
Who could apply?
We welcomed applications from voluntary and community groups, landowners, farmers and parish and town councils.
Get in touch
If you have a project idea that you'd like to have an informal chat about then please contact Chris Lodge, Stories in Stone Project Officer, 015242 51002.